Looking for luggage storage in Sydney CBD? The Sydney central business district (also known as “the City”) is where the heart of Sydney beats. It is also the capital of the New South Wales state and the most populated city in Australia. If you find yourself looking for a place to store your luggage around the centre of Sydney, look no further than Stasher!
1.Luggage Storage in Sydney CBD with Stasher
Stasher offers travellers a network of hundreds of hotels and local shops that provide an affordable way to store your bags in Sydney CBD.
Why store your luggage with Stasher?
Storing your baggage in Sydney CBD with Stasher has some added benefits you won’t find in traditional left luggage lockers.
- Convenience: Most of our StashPoints are located within the Sydney CBD, offering convenient luggage storage near all major transport hubs.
- Flexibility: Many of our StashPoints in Sydney CBD are open late or operate 24/7, so you can find luggage storage whenever you need it.
- Affordability: Storing your bags in the Sydney CBD area with Stasher is cheaper and also comes with many added extras, such as insurance and 24/7 customer support.
- Safety: We want you to feel secure about storing your luggage with us. That’s why each one of our StashPoints has been vetted personally from one of our team members, and we offer insurance of up to A$1000 per item.
- Trust: Our customer support team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions regarding our service. Our outstanding performance has earned us customer service awards from Feefo and Visit England, and more than 5000 reviews give us an average rating of 4.7/5 🌟
The area around the Sydney CBD is where everything happens! Whether you have just checked out from your Airbnb and waiting for a flight or arrived too early, finding luggage storage in the area can help you enjoy all the City has to offer!
How much does it cost to store your luggage near Sydney CBD?
Baggage storage with Stasher costs A$10 per day, with no size or time restrictions. Each item you store with Stasher is insured for up to A$1000.
Find baggage storage in Sydney CBD with Stasher
Find all of our available locations for Sydney CBD luggage storage
Many of our StashPoints are open 24/7 or until late, giving you the flexibility to enjoy your day.
How to store your luggage with Stasher
You can book your luggage storage in Sydney CBD with Stasher in three simple steps:
- Use the search bar to find a suitable StashPoint or pick from the ones we listed above.
- Select approximate drop-off and pick-up times.
- Book online!
The process takes less than a minute! After that, you’ll need to show up at the actual location and drop off your luggage. Enjoy strolling around Sydney CBD without having to drag your heavy bags with you!
2. Alternative Luggage storage and lockers in Sydney CBD
Traditional baggage storage operators around Sydney are quite expensive and not as flexible as storing with Stasher.
Where can I find luggage storage in Sydney CBD?
There are baggage storage facilities in Central Station are operated by SmarteCarte, the same company responsible for Sydney’s airport luggage storage. You can find their offices at the NSW luggage collection and drop-off counter on Platform 1. You should know that this service is only for NSW TrainLink ticket holders, and no overnight storage is available. SmarteCarte offices operate from 06:00 - 22:00 every day.
How much does it cost?
Storing a small carry-on will set you back a whopping A$24, while the costs add up for larger bags and additional items.
Useful Information about the Sydney CBD
- Sydney CBD extends for about 3 km south of Sydney Cove, the first European settlement in the region and it is one of the oldest populated areas in Australia.
- All the main transport hubs of the city are in the vicinity of Sydney CBD, including the Central Train Station, the Wynyard Station and the Circular Quay.
- With a GDP of $110B, Sydney CBD is the main financial and economic hub of the Asia-Pacific region. The city centre alone employs more than 10% of the workforce in Sydney.
- Sydney CBD is not only a centre of commercial activity. Most of the city’s cultural life is compacted in the area, as well as countless nightlife options and local attractions.
- The Sydney CBD is home to many of Australia’s most impressive skyscrapers, including MLC Centre, World Tower and Gov. Philip Tower.
What are the top 10 things to do near the Sydney CBD?
The CBD area is not only Sydney’s centre, but it is also the main cultural and economic hub of the Asia-Pacific region. Whatever it is that you enjoy, you’ll never run out of things to do around here!
- No trip to Sydney is complete without a visit to the iconic Sydney Opera House! You will find it near the Circular Quay, the central transport hub of Sydney Harbour.
- The Royal Botanic Garden is only a short walk from the Opera House. Stroll along its magnificent footpaths and observe the diverse flora blooming around you!
- Have a drink on the rooftop of Customs House in Cafe Sydney and enjoy the spectacular views of the Opera House and the Bridge.
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge is worth a stroll. If you don’t want to pay and admission fee, you can walk on the pedestrian pathway take in the same panoramic views of the city and the ocean.
- Don’t forget to visit The Rocks District, one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Sydney and its weekend markets.
- Since you’re in the area, visit The Rocks Discovery Museum for a quick lesson in the early years of Australia and the civilisation if its indigenous population.
- If you are in the mood for some kangaroo, crocodile or emu dishes, visit one of the many Aussie pubs in the area.
- Visit the other side of Sydney by catching a ferry from Circular Quay all the way to the picturesque Manly area and back.
- Some of Australia’s most important cultural institutions are located in Sydney CBD. Some of them include:
- If you visit Sydney during January (which is summer over there), attend the Sydney Festival. Many music and art performances are going on at indoor and outdoor venues.