Do you need luggage storage in Amsterdam Centraal? The Central station is the main transportation hub of Amsterdam and one of the busiest in the country. So if you are searching for Amsterdam Centraal lockers or luggage storage before or after you catch a train, you’re in the right place!
Trains from here run to Schiphol Airport very frequently as well as other parts of the Netherlands. The station is a dramatic building located in the heart of the city, with some self-service lockers available - though they can be unreliable and often full!
Luggage Storage near Amsterdam Centraal
Stasher is the world’s largest sharing economy luggage storage network. We put you in touch with hotels and local businesses with available extra space where you can find safe and affordable luggage storage near Amsterdam Centraal.
Amsterdam central station luggage storage with Stasher
Luggage storage with Stasher has many benefits that you won’t find in left luggage lockers:
- Convenience: Our StashPoints are located within a short walking distance to the Amsterdam Central Station so you can quickly grab your bags before leaving.
- Flexibility: There is no limit to how long you can store your luggage: from a few hours to a few nights, our luggage storage options are tailored to your needs.
- Affordability: We offer the best value for money option, since storing your luggage costs only a fraction of the price of traditional services. Luggage storage in Amsterdam with Stasher is just €5 per day, and €5 for an additional day!
- Safety: All storage options are fully insured up to £750 and vetted by our team to ensure strict security guidelines 🔒
- Trust: We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers. Our stellar track record has earned us customer service awards from Feefo and Visit England, while more than 5000 reviews give us an average rating of 4.7/5 🌟
Stasher locations near Amsterdam Centraal
Many of our Amsterdam central station luggage storage options are located near the Centraal building, so you really have a lot of choices. Just pick the one that suits your needs the best!
Click on this map to find all of our Amsterdam Centraal train station luggage storage locations.
How to store your luggage with Stasher
You can store your bags with Stasher easily. The process takes less than 5 minutes:
- Use the search bar to find a suitable StashPoint.
- Select approximate drop-off and pick-up times
- Book online!
If you do everything correctly, you will have completed your booking in less than two minutes. Show your booking confirmation to your host and drop off your bag before enjoying the rest of your day!
Amsterdam Centraal lockers and luggage storage
Stasher is your best bet in finding a quick and affordable way to store your luggage near Amsterdam Centraal Station. However, there are also luggage storage lockers available inside the Amsterdam central station building if you need them.
Is there luggage storage at Amsterdam central station?
There are self-serving luggage storage lockers (bagagekluizen) in the East Wing of the Central Station (that’s on your right, looking from the city centre).
Amsterdam Centraal lockers come in two sizes: the smaller is 90x45x40, while the bigger is 90x60x40. The Amsterdam Centraal locker storage is open daily from 05:00-01:00
Amsterdam Centraal luggage storage price
If you don't book with Stasher, lockers at Amsterdam Centraal are priced at €7 a day for a small locker and €10 for a bigger one. That means they’re not such good value compared to Stasher’s service. Also, you are not able to pay by credit card and if you lose your ticket, you will have to pay a fee of €10.
Useful Information about Amsterdam Centraal Station
- Amsterdam Centraal Station is the main transportation hub of the city, serving 250,000 people daily.
- Surprisingly, the Amsterdam Centraal is not the busiest nor the largest train station in the Netherlands. That distinction belongs to the Utrecht Centraal.
- You can find stops for almost all train, metro, tram and bus lines near the Amsterdam Central, as well as ferry lines to Amsterdam Noord (=North).
- There is a Direct Rail Link connection from Schiphol International Airport to the Amsterdam Central Station, offering an affordable and fast way to the city center. Trains depart every ten minutes from platforms 14a or 15.
- Ticket price to and from the airport is about €9,50 one way.
- Automatic ticket vendors have a very distinct yellow colour. Alternatively, you can purchase your tickets online. Find more information here.
- Trains to major European cities such as Brussels, Cologne, and Paris depart daily from Amsterdam Central.
What are the top 10 things to do near the Amsterdam Centraal Station?
Once your bags are safe and sound with Stasher, there are many things to do around the Amsterdam Centraal.
- Although that’s probably on your bucket list already, the “Wallen” (known to outsiders as the Red Light District) is within walking distance from the train station. Visit during the daytime for a more “family-friendly” atmosphere.
- There are many canal cruise operators offering tours around the station. Enjoy your baggage-free moments in Amsterdam in the most romantic way possible!
- The Bijenkorf (literally translated as the Beehive) is the main shopping mall of Amsterdam. If you’ve got some time (and money) to spend, here’s the best way to do that.
- If you’re feeling peckish, you can relax in one of the many Dutch restaurants in the Nieuwmarkt area and have some local “kroketten” with bread for the full local experience.
- Madame Tussaud museum is probably the last of your choices, but if you want to visit it, you’ll find it right at the Dam Square.
- There are many bike tour companies operating around the Central Station. Rent one and discover the city exactly like a local!
- For cheese lovers, the Cheese & More shop is a local favourite that is not to be missed! You will find endless local cheese options to satisfy your addiction.
- Visit the St.Nicholas Basilica just across the Centraal building. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of Gothic architecture in the city and definitely a great way to spend some time around the train station.
- Movie buffs will feel right at home in the Tuschinski theater, a unique cinema with movies updated daily. Check out which movies are playing here!
- Amsterdam can reach freezing temperatures during the winter. The Amsterdam Public Library offers a lot of cosy corners for you to relax with a book, away from the touristy crowds.