Searching for luggage storage in Amsterdam? Sometimes, bags can get in the way between you and your plans! Especially if you want to explore Amsterdam, one of the busiest cities in Europe. Whether you’ve just arrived at Amsterdam Centraal or catching a late flight, don’t let bags stop you from discovering the city. Find secure luggage storage in Amsterdam center with Stasher!
1. Luggage Storage in Amsterdam With Stasher
Stasher has built a network of shops and hotels all over Amsterdam (StashPoints). Customers can book affordable and convenient storage as an alternative to luggage lockers or more expensive luggage storage shops. Each StashPoint has been vetted for security by our team, and each item you store with us is fully insured. All you have to do is book online, drop off your bag and enjoy the rest of your trip!
Why store your luggage in Amsterdam with Stasher?
Storing with Stasher is easy, and you can save yourself worrying thanks to your full insurance 😌. We’ve partnered with hotel chains like Accor Hotels and Premier Inn and set up our operational processes to match their safety standards.
- 5000+ reviews which average over 4.7/5! 💯
- Award-winning customer service, available 24/7
- Each item you store with Stasher is insured for up to 1000€
How much does luggage storage in Amsterdam city cost with Stasher?
It’s just €6 per day and €5 for an additional day
Is there a place to store luggage in Amsterdam with Stasher?
Here are some of the areas you can find a StashPoint near you in Amsterdam.
Click here for a full list and a map of our Amsterdam luggage storage locations!
Our network of local businesses provides you with affordable luggage storage anywhere you are in Amsterdam. The city’s major transport hub is Amsterdam Centraal, the nearby square, Dam Square is the heart of the town, and all road leads back it. Key attractions like the Red Light District 🚨👯♀️ are all near the city centre. Also, if you're looking for information about the lesser-known parts of the city, check out our "Off the Beaten Path" guide for Amsterdam!
Many of our StashPoints are open until late in the evening or even 24/7 to accommodate even the weirdest of schedules. However, it is recommended that you double-check opening hours before booking online to ensure absolute peace of mind!
How to store your luggage in Amsterdam with Stasher
Storing your luggage in Amsterdam with Stasher is easy!
- Search for available listings by location, opening hours and available space
- Book through our online platform to secure your storage.
- Drop off your bag!
In three simple steps, you are ready to enjoy everything Amsterdam has to offer!
2. Luggage storage and lockers in Amsterdam Centraal Station
Amsterdam Centraal is the main transportation hub of Amsterdam, as it connects the city with Schiphol Airport and the rest of Europe. Storing your luggage in the Centraal Station lockers is practical but can be quite expensive.
Can you store luggage at Amsterdam central station?
- There are luggage lockers at the Central Station. Simply look for signs that say “Bagagekluizen”. They are in the East Wing of the station – the right side of the building looking from the city centre.
- The self-operated lockers come in two sizes, small and big.
- The maximum storage period is nine days.
Bear in mind ⚠️ these luggage lockers are conveniently located but not cheap. Moreover, during busy times, these storage lockers do fill up, and you might be turned away.
The luggage storage area is open daily from 05:00 to 01:00.
How much does it cost?
- Rates for small lockers are €7 for the first 24 hours.
- Bigger-sized lockers at Centraal Station cost €10 for 24 hours.
- There is a penalty for leaving your belongings there for longer than nine days, so make sure to arrange an alternative if you need long-term storage.
Useful Information about Centraal Station
- Left luggage lockers at the Centraal Station are convenient but not cheap. However, if you have to use them, try to do so for shorter periods.
- The Centraal Station is only a short walk away from all major attractions, including Anne Frank’s House, the Dam Square, Red Light District and some of the city’s most famous bars.
- Connections to the rest of the Netherlands and neighbouring countries depart daily from Centraal, so the area is busy at all times.
- Despite it being in the capital, Amsterdam Centraal station is the second-largest and second-busiest in the nation, surpassed by Utrecht Centraal.
- The Amsterdam Centraal Station first opened its gates in 1889 and was designed by the Dutch architect Pierre Cuypers. The architectural style of the main building is Gothic/Neo-renaissance and features a cast iron platform roof that measures about 40 meters.
3. Luggage storage and lockers near Schiphol Airport
Schiphol Airport is one of the most modern in Europe. However, it is not the most practical when it comes to luggage storage. Below you can find some information about luggage storage in the Schiphol Airport Baggage Depot.
Where can I find luggage storage near Schiphol Airport
- There are luggage storage facilities at Schiphol Airport in 6 different locations.
- They have baggage lockers for smaller items such as briefcases and bags, as well as a baggage deposit for awkwardly shaped items or large boxes.
- Lockers are located after security, while the Baggage Depot is in the basement between Arrivals 1 and Arrivals 2.
- Maximum storage period is 30 days.
The Schiphol Airport Baggage Depot is open 24/7.
How much does it cost?
- Hand baggage (max. 55x35x25cm): €6/day
- Hold baggage: €9/day
- Odd-size baggage: €12/day
- Wardrobe: €2.50/day
Useful Information about Schiphol Airport luggage storage
- If you lose your receipt, you will be charged with an extra fee of €8. Also, there is no easy way to get your luggage if you forget them in the Baggage Depot and pass through security.
- Schiphol is the third-busiest airport in Europe, and it is an overall interesting place to be (as far as airports go). With hundreds of restaurants, bars and shops operating in the premises, you will have no problem finding something to keep you occupied while you wait for your flight.
- The airport is relatively close to the centre of the city, with frequent bus and train routes to central Amsterdam and other smaller towns nearby.
- There are also high-speed railway connections to major cities, such as Brussels, Lille, Paris, Antwerp and Marseille (during the summer months).
- Schiphol has one large terminal where all of the facilities are located within three interconnected sections. There are around 165 boarding gates, including 18 double jetway ones for larger aircrafts like the Emirates A380.
Find out more information here.