Searching for luggage storage near Sydney Airport? Australia’s busiest commercial flight hub can be quite confusing for travellers in regards to luggage storage. Fortunately, Sydney Airport is well connected with the city, as it is served by train and bus. Unless you have an extremely short connecting flight, you might want to catch the train and reach the centre of the city in just 13 minutes!
Luggage Storage near the Sydney Airport with Stasher
Stasher is the world’s first global luggage storage network of the sharing economy. We connect hundreds of hotels chains and local shops across the globe, with travellers who need temporary luggage storage. Each one of our StashPoints has a secure storage area and has been vetted by a member of our team for safety.
Why store your luggage near Sydney Airport with Stasher?
Leaving your luggage with us certainly has some benefits you don’t find in traditional left luggage lockers!
- Convenience: Our Sydney luggage storage points are strategically located near the main transportation hubs between Sydney Airport and the city. That way, you can drop off and pick up your luggage quickly, without having to go out of your way.
- Flexibility: Many of our StashPoints are open late or operate on a 24/7 basis. Even if you find yourself on a weird schedule, you can always find a place to store your luggage near you.
- Affordability: Storing your bags with Stasher comes with full insurance and 24/7 customer support, making it the best value for money option.
- Safety: Every booking made through our platform is insured for up to £750, offering you extra peace of mind.
- Trust: Wherever you are in the world, whatever time it is, you can always call our friendly customer support team to answer your every question. Our exceptional track record has earned us customer service awards from Feefo and Visit England, while more than 5000 reviews give us an average rating of 4.7/5 🌟
If you are flying from Sydney Airport, you will rarely need to leave your luggage at the self-service lockers found in the premises, as they are quite expensive and -often- not as reliable. Storing your bags in one of our StashPoints is more flexible, affordable and comes with full insurance.
With Stasher, luggage storage near Sydney International Airport Is just A$8 per day and A$7 for an additional day!
Many of our StashPoints near the airport are open 24/7 or until late, giving you the flexibility to enjoy your day and explore at your leisure.
How to store your luggage with Stasher
Find luggage storage in Sydney in one of our StashPoints easily and securely by making an online reservation.
- Use the search bar or pick one of our Sydney StashPoints
- Select approximate drop-off and pick-up times
- Book online!
All done! Just show your booking confirmation at the designated StashPoint and leave your bags with us. All you have to do is explore Sydney, luggage-free!
Alternative Luggage storage and lockers in Sydney Airport
SmarteCarte offers baggage storage services at both international and domestic airports. However, Sydney Airport is only 8km away from the city centre, and all transportation options take about 15-20 to reach downtown. Therefore, unless you are in Sydney for a really short period, it makes sense to consider our city alternative to avoid high prices and have more flexibility.
Does Sydney Airport have luggage storage?
You can find the SmarteCarte luggage storage lockers in the Terminal 1 Arrivals Level. The SmarteCarte office operates daily from 06:00 to 21:30.
How much does it cost?
Prices vary according to the size of the bag and start from A$9 for a small bag for just a few hours. If you plan on leaving a carry-on for more than 24 hours, the costs add up to about A$28.
Useful Information about Sydney Airport
- Sydney Airport, (also known as Kingsford Smith International Airport) is Australia’s busiest commercial airport, serving more than 42 million passengers each year.
- The airport is split into three terminals. T1 is also referred to as the International Terminal, and it is located in the airport's northwestern sector. T2 and T3 are used for domestic flights.
- Passengers can reach the Sydney city centre via bus, taxi or train. The Airport Link underground rail line is the fastest option.
- Due to the airport’s proximity to residential areas, the Parliament enacted the Sydney Airport Curfew Act in 1995, limiting the flight times to and from the airport. According to the policy, it is not allowed for aircrafts to take off and land between 23:00 and 06:00.
What is there to do near Sydney Airport?
There are many things to do around Sydney Airport, and fortunately, it is close to the city centre. If you have a long layover (6+ hours), you could quickly hop on a train and get a glimpse of downtown Sydney.
- One of the most iconic coastline promenades you will ever see, the Bondi to Coogee Walk is the one thing you have to experience if you visit Sydney for a short time! It’s a bit far from the centre, so make sure you have plenty of time!
- Stroll along the Sydney Harbour Bridge and admire the spectacular views of the ocean right beneath your feet!
- Visit the Art Gallery of NSW for free and enjoy collections of Asian and indigenous artwork.
- Only a short walk from the Wynyard Station, the Royal Botanic Gardens of Sydney are an excellent chance to find some peace before you continue your journey!
- Across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, you will find the iconic Luna Park, with its beautiful retro artwork. Entrance is free; however, the rides are quite expensive!
- Sydney’s Contemporary Art Museum on Circular Quay is worth a visit, especially considering entrance is free. However, temporary exhibitions can get quite expensive.
- The Centennial Park first opened its gates in 1901 and remains one of the most popular leisure spots for Sydneysiders.
- Visit The Rocks Discovery Museum near Circular Quay to learn more about Australia’s Aboriginal heritage.
- The Paddington Markets are located near the city’s most popular shopping strip and offer you a great chance to pick unique Sydney souvenirs.
- If you decide not to leave the airport at all, there are many dining and entertainment options available for you as well. Read all about it here.