Searching for luggage storage in downtown San Diego?
There’s plenty of reasons to be looking for luggage storage in Downtown San Diego: maybe you’re waiting to catch a late flight after checking out of your hotel or visiting a museum, theater or concert venue like the San Diego House of Blues that only permits small purses. Whatever the reason, you’ve come to the right place!
Stasher will take those bags off your hands and hold them securely until you’ve soaked it all in - at a fraction of the cost you’ll find at left luggage centers or storage lockers.
1. Luggage storage in Downtown San Diego with Stasher
Stasher is the world’s first and largest luggage storage network of the sharing economy, partnering with trusted brands like Accor hotels and Premier Inn to give you secure storage at a great price.
Why store your luggage with Stasher?
Our main hallmarks are:
- Convenience: Our network of StashPoints covers major cities, transit hubs, and tourist destinations all over the world.
- Flexibility: Luggage storage your way, on your schedule.
- Affordability: Low rates give you the most bang for your buck.
- Safety: Each location is vetted by our team and fully insured.
- Trust: Over 8,000 customer reviews give us 4.7/5 Stars on Feefo!
How much does it cost to store your luggage in Downtown San Diego with Stasher?
It’s just $8 for the first day, and $8 for any additional day!
Where can I store my luggage in Downtown San Diego with Stasher?
Finding a StashPoint is easy, and there are plenty in and around the city
To see all of our Downtown San Diego hosts and a map, click here.
Stasher’s partner locations are all 24 hours or open late, giving you the convenience and flexibility of round-the-clock access.
How to store your luggage with Stasher
Storing your luggage in Downtown San Diego with Stasher is easy!
- Search for available listings by location, opening hours and available space
- Book through our online platform to secure your storage.
- Drop off your bag!
In three simple steps, you are ready to enjoy everything San Diego has to offer!
2. Alternative luggage storage and lockers near Downtown San Diego
There are few companies offering left luggage services in Downtown San Diego. One option is Five Star Tours & Charter Bus Company.
Where can I find luggage storage in Downtown San Diego?
Five Star Tours has left luggage at their service desk inside the Santa Fe train and bus depot on the west side of town.
9pm - 5pm, although you can store your bags overnight.
How much does it cost?
Daily rates start at $7 per bag for the first 8 hours.
Useful information about Downtown San Diego
- San Diego has a rich history as a commercial and cultural center dating back to the 1500s, when the city was claimed by Spanish conquistadors. It was later claimed by the Mexican Empire and, finally, the United States in 1849.
- Waves of Filipino, Chinese and Japanese immigration followed, aided by the Chinese Mission School that taught the newcomers English and became a center of community and cultural exchange.
- There are at least 9 unique districts or neighborhoods in the downtown area alone, including the Horton District, Gaslamp Quarter, East Village, Marina District, and Little Italy.
- The city’s designed on a grid, so don’t worry about getting lost: if you stray too far to the north or east, you’ll hit the I-5; west or south, you’ll see the Bay.
The San Diego Trolley is one of the most-used light rail services in the US, with 3 primary lines:
- The Green Line hugs the western coast from Little Italy down to Petco Park
- The Orange and Blue lines make the opposite circuit, east through the Core and turning south at Park and Broadway.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, the Blue Line will take you all the way to the Tijuana border at San Ysidro.
Top things to do in Downtown San Diego
- Sample the city’s spin on Asian, Italian, and Mexican cuisines; better yet, visit SoCal’s very first Cat Cafe where you can enjoy roasted coffee, yoga and, of course, make a few furry friends.
- Rock out to your favorite band: there’s always something going on at the San Diego House of Blues (located in central Core district), Petco Park (in Ballpark Village, several blocks south), the Hardrock Hotel, and any number of nightclubs around town.
- Take in a show at the historic Balboa or Spreckels theaters, or see a Broadway-level performance at the Horton Grand, home to the San Diego Musical Theater company (SDMT).
- If you’re feeling active, hop on the trolley and head to the sprawling Balboa Park just northeast of downtown where you’ll find the San Diego Zoo, Natural History Museum, Air and Space Museum, golf courses, and more.
- Shop til you drop in Seaport Village, a bayfront dining and shopping complex near Ruocco Park. A children’s museum, carousel, and caricature artist provide family fun, while the Dockside Market is open Saturdays from 8am - 1pm.