Pegasus is a low-cost Turkish airline, based out of Istanbul. They fly to over 100 destinations worldwide, including 30 domestic destinations in Turkey, as well as Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
It’s always a good idea to check the baggage allowances of the airline that you’re flying with well in advance of your flight to make sure you can take all the luggage that you would like. To make your life easier, we’ve put together this handy guide to Pegasus Airlines baggage allowances and fees so that you have all the information you’ll need before you fly.
COVID-19 changes to Pegasus baggage allowance
Cabin baggage will not be taken into the aircraft within the framework of current COVID-19 measures. Passengers should deliver their cabin baggage with check-in baggage. Bags should weigh no more than 8kg.
Every passenger is allowed one of the following on board: handbag, laptop, briefcase, or bag for baby items.
Pegasus Cabin Baggage
Flying with Pegasus, every passenger gets one free piece of hand luggage included in their ticket. This bag should not be larger than 55 x 45 x 20cm nor weigh more than 8kg (unless you are a Business Flex ticket holder, in which case you can bring up to 12kg).
Additionally, you are also allowed one small personal item per passenger, such as a laptop case or handbag, no larger than 35 x 20 x 20cm.
|Baggage Type||Size||Weight Allowance||Fees||Additional Fees|
|Cabin baggage||55 x 45 x 20cm (35 x 20 x 20cm for personal item)||8kg(12kg for Business Flex)||None|
|Checked baggage||No limit||15-20kg||Check with the airline for cost of purchasing extra bags for your trip|
|Excess baggage||No limit||32kg||Price varies according to itinerary|
Pegasus Checked Baggage
The checked baggage allowance for a Pegasus flight depends on your ticket type:
- For domestic flights, travellers on Essentials and Business Flex tickets include 1 piece weighing up to 15kg, and Advantage tickets include 1 piece up to 20kg.
- For international flights, Essentials, Advantage and Business Flex all include 1 piece of luggage up to 20kg.
- Note that for both domestic and international flights, the Basic ticket does not include a checked baggage allowance. You can purchase extra bags up to 2 hours before your flight should you need. The price for this varies according to the destination.
Pegasus Excess Baggage Policy
If your bag is heavier than the permitted luggage allowance (either 15 or 20kg depending on your route) do not fret, you can easily purchase extra weight, up to an additional 50kg. However, you should be aware that the maximum weight for any bag is 32kg.
Any bag weighing more than this will not be accepted, and you may like to consider shipping, such as the Stasher delivery service (see details below).
Pegasus Sports Equipment
With Pegasus Airlines you can travel with your sporting equipment, passengers just need to make sure that they have paid the right fees according to the equipment that they are taking and the type of flight (domestic or international).
- Golf set (14 golf clubs, 24 balls, 1 pair of shoes) – 30 USD
- Diving set (1 diving suit, fins, mask, empty oxygen cylinder, tank harness, tank pressure gauge, buoyancy compensator, underwater light, snorkel, knife, harpoon, life jacket) – 30 USD
- Bicycles – 50 USD
- Skiing set (snowboarding, water and snow skiing equipment) – 30 USD
- Surfing (windsurfing, ocean surfing, kiteboarding) – 50 USD
- Other sports equipment (kites, hang gliders, paragliding gear, canoes, permissible sports hunting guns, fencing materials, fishing tackle, archery gear) – 45 USD
Pegasus Musical Instruments
As long as your instrument is within the hand luggage restrictions, you can bring it on board with you into the cabin. If your instrument is larger than this, then there is a fee of 45 USD for international flights, whereby your instrument can be placed on the seat next to you.
Make sure to contact the airline in advance of your flight if you will be travelling with a large instrument to ensure that they have room on board.
The Pegasus call centre is available 24/7 for any question that you might have concerning your flight.
If you are calling from within Turkey the number is 0888 228 12 12.
If you are calling from the UK the number is 03333 003 555. For a list of other country numbers, see this handy contact page.
Alternative to Excess Baggage Fees
Gee, it’s all so complicated. Want to simplify transporting your baggage? Try Stasher luggage delivery. To begin with, it’s cheaper and more efficient. With Stasher, you will pay the same bargain price for each additional piece as you will for the first. Stasher offers great prices on all categories of weight and dimensions.
Stasher picks up and delivers your luggage from your desired location. No more waiting at the carousel or dragging luggage around an unknown city or crowded airport.
Stasher offers affordable insurance for your luggage, if it’s not already covered.
Stasher offers fantastic 24-hour customer service.
Stasher can transport almost anything and everything, from the luggage or equipment specified in this article to important personal or business effects.
Stasher just makes more sense. It’s efficient, affordable and hassle-free.