Shipping an iPad is a delicate process, as these fragile devices need to be handled with care to make sure they arrive intact. In this article, the Stasher delivery team share some tips for parcelling up your iPad for delivery and choosing the shipping method that suits you best. Read on for advice from our experts.
How to pack up an iPad for shipping
- If you still have it, put the device in its original packaging. Because this box was designed to fit your iPad snugly, this is always the preferred option for international shipping. But don’t worry if you don’t have this box anymore, any box that fits your iPad well will do.
- Fill up any spaces with bubble wrap, tissue paper, or other protective materials to make sure it doesn’t rattle around in its box.
- Wrap this box in bubble wrap in order to provide an additional layer of protection.
- Place this box into a larger box and add more padding in the spaces. This double layered packaging is the best way to guarantee your iPad is not damaged in transit.
- Seal this larger box with duct tape or other parcel tape.
- Label the box with “Fragile” or “Handle with care” signs and make sure to include any shipping labels or documents required.
Know your batteries
You may already know this, but it’s important to know the components of the device you’re going to post, especially the batteries. Most tablets contain lithium batteries, but you can check this in the instruction manual or on the manufacturer’s website. If it does contain lithium batteries, then you’ll need to declare this. In iPads and most tablets, the battery is physically connected and cannot be easily removed.
The relevant recommendations for transporting any electronic device can be found in the respective user’s manual, but in general it’s recommended to charge the battery up to just 30% when shipping an iPad or an Android tablet.
In any case, make sure to check the regulations regarding the voltage of your lithium battery powered device according to destination, and the customs procedure.
All shipping costs depend on destination, the size of your parcel and how quickly you would like it to be delivered. Our most popular delivery options are:
- Standard Shipping: If you are looking for a cost-effective way to ship your gifts, standard shipping is probably the best bet for you.
- Express Delivery: However, if you need something sent faster so that it reaches its destination within 24 to 72 hours, express delivery is the best choice.
- Pallet Delivery: This option is popular with businesses looking to send larger quantities of items overseas.
- Van Delivery: This is another good option if you have larger quantities of items to send, for example if you are moving house. For individuals or businesses, van delivery is a solid option for your shipping needs.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Can I ship an iPad overseas by post or by courier?
The simple answer is yes. However, if you’re sending your tablet to another country, you should be up to date with the customs rules and relevant procedure. If this all sounds like a bit of a headache, we recommend using a shipping service like Stasher who will take care of this for you.
What happens if something goes wrong?
When shipping any kind of gadget, iPads included, you should always keep the original buyer’s receipt, as it serves as proof of value. Receipts are required by courier companies in case of claim procedures for loss or damage. Also, if you have insurance for your device, take a look at the small print and check whether you’re covered for shipping.
Shipping made simple with Stasher
At Stasher, whatever your shipping needs, we’ve got your back. Our network covers more than 200 countries across the globe, with a delivery team dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service. Our online tracking system and frequent email and text updates are designed to put your mind at rest when sending items abroad.
Stasher offers you safe and efficient shipping at affordable rates. So what are you waiting for? Book your delivery with us and we’ll take care of the rest.