Curious about Manchester Arena Stadium’s bag policy? Find out more about what you can bring with you and the luggage storage options nearby as you travel to one of Manchester’s most exciting venues. From music concerts to witnessing olympic champions at work, read on about exciting and interesting things to do in Manchester Arena.
About Manchester Arena Stadium
Located in Manchester, England, this indoor arena (also known as the AO arena for sponsorship reasons) has the highest seating capacity out of all indoor venues in the United Kingdom and has the second largest in all of Europe with a capacity of 21,000. The arena hosts music and sporting events such as swimming and boxing and is one of the busiest indoor arenas in the world. 15,000 spectators witnessed olympic champions Christoper Dean and Jayne Torvill perform on the opening night, a record crowd for an ice event.
Manchester Arena was temporarily closed on 22 May 2017 due to a terror attack by an extremist suicide bomber where the bomber killed injured over 500 people and killed 22 more at the end of an Ariana Grande concert during her Dangerous Woman Tour. The arena was opened again on 9 September with a charity concert performed by Manchester-born singer-songwriter Noel Gallagher.
The arena was built as part of an unsuccessful attempt to host the 2000 Summer Olympics. The cost of construction was £52 million of which £35.5 million was funded by government grants and £2.5 million from the European Regional Development Fund. Despite being built as an American-style sports arena, it has received greater success hosting large musical events.
Manchester Arena Stadium Bag Policy
AO has an extensive list of items that customers are not allowed into the venue for an event. Items brought into the venue are carefully managed for your safety and entertainment. Below is a list of items that are prohibited in the AO arena.
- Backpacks, holdalls, luggage, cushions and oversized bags
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles and thermoses of any kind including consumable liquid products
- Video cameras, recording equipment and professional cameras
- Laser pens/pointers
- Large/golf/metal tipped umbrellas
- Weapons or knives of any kind
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except ADUK registered service dogs)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
- Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or flares
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Food and drinks
- Helmets and full face masks
- Large studs and chains
Important Point: This is not an exhaustive list therefore other items may be refused at the entry point.
Luggage Storage near Manchester Arena
Wembley Stadium offers an express lane for baggage-free spectators, so if you want to breeze through security, it is best to go into the stadium without any bags. Thankfully, Stasher offers convenient and affordable luggage storage near Manchester Arena and the whole of Manchester.
So if you want to catch an event and have an exhilarating experience, and you need a place to store your bags, check out our nearest stashpoints down below. All our luggage storage locations are evaluated by our team for security and convenience. Here are the nearest stashpoints to the arena.
- Sliena NQ1 Manchester: 9min walking distance
- Matadar News: 14min walking distance
- Shudehill Convenience Store: 5min walking distance
- Yang Sing: 15min walking distance
- Mail boxes etc: 16min walking distance
Bag storage near Wembley Stadium with Stasher costs only £6 for 24 hours!
Manchester Arena Stadium Transportation
You can access Manchester Arena via public transport using the following links:
The arena car park has 958 standard spaces and 65 disabled spaces and is operated by National Car Parks.
Luggage Storage in Manchester
Stasher currently has 11 live locations all over Manchester, all open late or 24 hours so you can keep your late night adventures going wherever you’re headed next!
Stasher also offers plenty of luggage storage options in the city of Manchester!