Many airlines, hotels, travel services and major retailers offer great Black Friday travel deals for your next trips. According to data from the travel deal site TravelPirates.com, there are many deals and discounts available even on airfare and luxury resorts.
Below we’ve listed all the Black Friday deals that could be interesting for travellers, and we share them with you. What are you waiting for? Grab them while they’re hot!
When is Black Friday 2018?
Although the deals used to be revealed at 23:59 on the day, over the years Black Friday has turned into a weekly event. Most online retailers unveil daily discounts and flash sales in anticipation of the big day. Black Friday 2018 falls on November 23 and will be followed by Cyber Monday on November 26.
Best Black Friday Deals in the UK
Below you can find a list with all the Black Friday deals we could get our hands on. Some are more related to travel; others are less so. With so many options, you’re bound to find something interesting for your next trip!
- Air New Zealand offers 100 return flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles from just £175 for selected dates in February-March 2019. The offer will be valid from Nov 23, 2018, 10 am.
- Ryanair is preparing their Black Friday – Cyber Monday deals, during which you will be able to get flights for EU destinations for as little as £8. Also, last year the company ran a 20% sale on all tickets and flights over £20. The offer is valid for bookings from November-March. Check out their website to find new deals every day.
- WOW Air has begun their Black Friday sales by offering amazing deals for flights to the US and Canada. The deals will be valid until March for flights from London Gatwick to Boston, Chicago, Detroit, New York (Newark Liberty International) Pittsburgh, St Louis, Washington, Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver.
- If you happen to be in Paris, you can book a $1200 business class trip to New York with La Compagnie. That’s a first-class opportunity to travel in style!
- Lufthansa and Swissair have revealed their £1400 business class trips from London to Hong Kong for flights booked between January – August 2019.
- British Airways will roll out their sales on Thursday, November 22 and are expected to drop huge discounts on flights and package holidays. The company has already started offering some great deals ahead of the big day.
- TUI have already launched their Black Friday deals this Monday by releasing discount coupons on their flights. Check out their page to stay updated on the deals they will unveil. Although they are still cagey about the discounts themselves, they have hinted these will range from summer holidays to short city breaks.
- DFDS offers customers a 66% discount on cruises from Newcastle to Amsterdam. The deal includes two nights onboard, and it costs from £30 both ways (transfer to and from the ferry is included.) The offer is valid between 23-26 November for dates between 25 November – 31 March.
- Eurocamp offers a week for the whole family in France, Italy or Spain for just £140. The offer is live right now and can be booked until the 26th of November. The offer is valid on travel dates between the 1st-24th May.
- STA Travel Black Friday deals are already live! The company is offering discounts of up to 35% for their adventure tours, 42% off their bus passes and return trips to Thailand from just £299.
- Our partners over at Expedia are offering up to 75% discount on selected hotels and an extra $100 off coupon for bookings between November 23-26. The deals will be available for a limited time only, so check their page frequentχly for exclusive offers!
- Speaking of partners, Hotels.com will be offering a mystery coupon between November 23-26 for a 7-99% discount on your booking.
- SkiBeat will be offering a £150 discount per person from their winter holiday packages. That means you can book return flights, a chalet and a three-course evening meal from just £499 for a week. However, the offer is valid for specific dates only, so check availability here.
- EasyHotels will be offering 10,000 rooms from prices as low as £9.99 for travel dates between December 15 and May 6. Just use the coupon BLACKFRI to redeem your offer. The sale will begin on November 23 and will end on the 26th, so be on your toes!
- Travelodge offers over one million rooms for under £29. The deal will last for bookings until March 19 but bear in mind that popular destinations are getting filled up pretty fast. Check out the deals here.
- Glamping Hub will be offering a Cyber Monday (November 26th) 20% gift card, valid for only 24 hours. Get it here.
- Cofton Holidays is offering 40% discounts on cottages and holiday homes in South Devon for bookings between the 4th of January and the 1st of March. Just book with the code BLACK40 until Friday 30th of November.
- Atlantis The Palm in Dubai currently offers a 35% Black Friday presale to members. The actual discount will be unveiled this Friday and is expected to include a 25% off for stays booked between 23-26 November. Check out the deals here.
- The Artist’s Residence is offering 20% off rooms in their London, Brighton, Oxford and Cornwall boutique hotels. Book between the 23rd -30th of November using the code BLACK18 to claim your discount. The offer is not applicable to Bank holidays.
Discounts on products
- Amazon.co.uk is offering discounts throughout the Black Friday week, with new deals coming out every day from the 15th to the 25th of November. With new deals coming out every day, it pays to check out their Black Friday sales page every once in a while.
- Currys PC World is offering knockdown prices for tech gear for your next travels! Their Black Tag event features vast discounts on cameras, smartphones and fitness trackers, as well as all kinds of electronics.
- Argos has also started their Black Friday discounts with sitewide deals on tech and clothing products. Check them out here.
- Take advantage of Superdrug and Boots Black Friday deals to stock up on beauty and health products!
- Hobbs London is offering a 20% discount on everything on their website until November 25th. As long as stocks last, everything from shoes to trenchcoats will be up for grabs. Check out the deals here!
- Very.co.uk is offering a host of Black Friday deals until November 27th across all departments. Check out their products here.
- Debenhams is offering rolling discounts on all their departments. Check out their deals here. Offers will start from Tuesday 20th November and will last for 12 days.
- Timberland has unveiled a 30% discount on all products ahead of Black Friday. Just use the code PROMO30 at checkout.
- Little Mistress London is offering a 50% off their collection. Use the code LMBLACK50 during checkout. The offer does not apply to outlet items.
- House of Fraser has some pretty sweet deals on luggage and bags, with Antler and Samsonite gear going for up to 50% off.
How to make the most out of the UK Black Friday event
You wouldn’t think strategic planning and careful research apply to activities such as shopping for discounted items. However, contrary to the image of hordes of frenzied consumers trampling each other for a flat screen TV, Black Friday has gotten a lot more sophisticated since it “moved” online.
First of all, the golden rule of shopping: you are not saving money if you didn’t intend on buying a product in the first place. Sure, getting a smartphone at 50% off is sweet. But were you planning on buying one to begin with? Don’t be tempted by the low prices and make sure you only get what you need.
Instead, make a list of the items you do want, set up price alerts on online retailers and order them as soon as the price goes down. It is really easy to get over excited about the substantial discounts and forget that your budget is not unlimited.
Help your fellow shoppers
Here at Stasher, we love to share cool information. If you have spotted a great Black Friday deal, share it with your fellow travellers in the comments!